Let’s find you the BEST shelter
for YOUR thru-hike!
When thru-hiking your shelter is what’s going to allow you to stay dry and to have a place to call home at the end of an exhausting day hiking up the PUDS below I cover many different options on the best thru-hiking shelters.
This is why choosing the right shelter for your backpacking trip is very important to your success on a long-distance hike, we cover all the different types of shelters from tents to hammocks and tarps with the purpose being to help you find the right match for your trek!
Simply select your shelter needs below to access the guide.
- Best Thru-Hiking Tents
- Best Trekking Pole Tents
- Best 2-Person Thru-Hiking Tents
- Best Budget Thru-Hiking Tents
- Best Ultralight Thru-Hiking Tents
- Best Double Wall Tents (Coming Soon)
- Best Thru-Hiking Hammocks
- Best Hammock Tarps (Coming Soon)
- Best Thru-Hiking Tarps (Coming Soon)
- Best Thru-Hiking Tarp Tents (Coming Soon)
Looking for more strategic options then take a look below at our overall selections based on the trail or on the tent you plan to use.
Best Options Based on Triple Crown Trails
- best tent for thru-hiking AT (Coming Soon)
- best tent for thru-hiking PCT (Coming Soon)
- best tent for CDT (Coming Soon)
Best Options Based on Tent Type
- best freestanding backpacking tent (Coming Soon)
- best single wall backpacking tent (Coming Soon)
- best single wall freestanding tent (Coming Soon)
- best ultralight single wall tent (Coming Soon)